Getting Better Insight into the World of CBG
Did you know that cannabigerol (CBG) is one of the most fascinating cannabinoids in all of the hemp plant? Well, now you do. Offering up a wide variety of properties that can improve our daily lives alone makes this cannabinoid worth using. Yet, it remains a widely misunderstood cannabinoid, with many overlooking its potential. So, what exactly is CBG, and how can it benefit you?
What is CBG?
Cannabigerol is referred to as the “mother of all cannabinoids” because all of the cannabinoids in the hemp plant come from, and start out as, CBG. The young hemp plant contains a high concentration of CBG, which eventually splits itself into all of the other cannabinoids in hemp that we derive. That being said, CBG is its own distinctive compound with many unique, fascinating and exciting properties, and it was discovered decades ago, which means that there is a nice amount of research out there on its effects.
Will CBG Get Me High?
Cannabigerol will not get you high, because the cannabinoid is completely devoid of psychoactive properties. Even in high doses, you won’t get high off of cannabigerol.
What are the Other Properties of CBG?
Like all cannabinoids, cannabigerol works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to regulate specific functions that work toward our homeostasis. Let’s cover the most well-researched properties of this mother cannabinoid.
- CBG may regulate bladder function to provide useful effects to those with incontinence and other bladder irregularities.
- CBG may be useful for those with glaucoma, because the cannabinoid seems to work with cannabinoid receptors that relate to intraocular eye pressure.
- It’s possible that CBG offers some of the strongest anti-inflammatory effects that we can derive out of the hemp plant. The cannabinoid has been researched extensively for its effects on inflammation, when dealing with discomfort caused by inflammation along with inflammatory diseases.
- Specifically, CBG has been shown to offer valuable effects to those with IBD (irritable bowel disease), by having a strong affinity for cannabinoid receptors within the digestive tract.
- CBG may increase anandamide uptake, and this neurotransmitter plays a critical role in the sleep cycle of mammals, along with appetite.
- CBG seems to also play a role in serotonin uptake, and also might be one of the most useful cannabinoids for those looking for mood-lifting properties out of the hemp plant.
Is CBG Legal?
Cannabigerol is a completely legal cannabinoid under federal law, thanks to the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill. This piece of legislation determined that all hemp products can be sold legally as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC by dry weight. So, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from exploring the full variety of CBG products on the market, with zero restrictions on product type, strength or purchase amount. While several states have banned certain intoxicating cannabinoids in the hemp plant, CBG is completely non-psychoactive, and so it’s permitted in all 50 states.
What Kinds of Products Does CBG Come in?
CBG comes in all of the same product types that you’ll find with CBD and other cannabinoids. CBG can be found in:
- Vapes: Pre-filled vape cartridges and disposables that contain CBG as their active ingredient, offering fast, powerful effects.
- Edibles: Gummies and other edible products infused with pure CBG, offering several hours of effectiveness.
- Capsules: Another type of edible that contains fewer ingredients and is swallowed rather than chewed.
- Tinctures: CBG distillate diluted in a carrier oil, absorbed through the sublingual tissue.
- Topicals: Topical solutions that deal with localized issues, allowing CBG to absorb into the skin, muscles and joints.
- Flower: CBG flower is hemp flower picked prior to full maturity, when the cannabinoid is abundant in the plant.
- Concentrates: Concentrates are extremely potent flower derivatives that are “concentrated,” and used for dabbing. They are vaporized in a special device to offer extremely potent CBG effects, while still being fully incapable of getting the user high.
See What CBG Can Do For You!
Cannabigerol is a legal, non-psychoactive cannabinoid that can provide positive effects to just about anyone who finds a place for it in their daily routine. Luckily, you can try out all kinds of CBG delivery methods, formulations, strengths, and more to incorporate it into your daily life according to your needs, right here at Nam Wellness!