Key Things You Need to Know About Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC Here in 2022
Did you know that hemp-derived delta 9 THC is changing our industry for the better, with a federally compliant way to access one of the most beloved plant derivatives of all-time? But, some of you out there might be wondering what exactly is delta 9, what are its effects, and how is it actually legalized? Well, let’s take a deep dive into this new submarket and see what it can offer.
What is Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC?
Hemp-derived delta 9 THC refers to a subcategory of hemp products that use delta 9 distillate as their active compound. The delta 9 that’s in hemp is no different than the delta 9 in marijuana, but one plant is legal while the other is not – at least federally, that is. The hemp plant contains 0.3% delta 9 naturally in its chemical composition, and this is isolated and extracted to produce the hemp-derived delta 9 products that are emerging on the market.
Will Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC Get Me High?
Delta 9 will give you the same high whether the cannabinoid is extracted out of the hemp plant or the marijuana plant. In other words, expect to feel intoxicated by delta 9 in the same way you do with marijuana, if you live in a state where marijuana is legal, of course. Its high is moderately potent, and it can offer feelings of ease throughout the mind & body, combined with a euphoric effect and a hazy, unfocused feeling in particularly high amounts.
What are the Other Properties of Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC?
Discovered in the 1960s, delta 9 THC is one of the most well-researched, plant compounds in the world. So, what can it do for us besides get us high?
- One piece of data found that patients with anorexia caused by cancer treatment noticed a big improvement in appetite and food cravings after being given delta 9.
- Delta 9 also offers anti-nausea properties, which studies have consistently shown us over the years. It can both decrease the feeling of nausea, and instances of vomiting.
- Research shows that delta 9 may regulate neurotransmitters that play a role in our mood, including serotonin and cortisol, and this may lead to both anxiolytic and antidepressant effects.
- Many people notice that delta 9’s high comes in handy at bedtime, and the cannabinoid is extremely popular for this effect in particular.
- Findings display how delta 9 could offer potent anti-inflammatory properties. This can be useful not only to those dealing with physical discomfort caused by localized inflammation, but those who have inflammatory conditions.
- Delta 9 may offer powerful analgesic properties, which change the way the nervous system responds to pain signals to offer relief.
- Delta 9 seems to have a role in regulating neurological function - being researched for its effects on multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.
Is Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC Even Legal?
Hemp-derived delta 9 THC is completely legal under federal law (2018 Farm Bill) as long as each product contains a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC by dry weight. Companies have developed a strategy of creating products that stick to the legal dry weight amount, while coming in portion sizes large enough for 0.3% delta 9 to work itself out to enough milligrams to get the user fully high. Despite its federal compliance, hemp-derived delta 9 is banned in Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, and Kansas.
What Kinds Hemp-Derived Delta 9 Products Can You Actually Purchase?
Currently, almost all hemp-derived delta 9 products on the market are edibles, and in particular, gummies. This is because few will complain about eating a large portion of a gummy in order to get enough delta 9 by the milligram for a meaningful high. Delta 9 THC can come in other forms, and the product types/delivery methods that’re widely available will likely expand in the coming months to offer a larger selection of product types that users can choose from.
What are You Waiting For? Give Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC a Try for Yourself Today!
Overall, hemp-derived delta 9 THC is no different from marijuana-derived delta 9 THC, but it’s fully legal and easy to find online. As always with hemp-based products, the key is finding only lab-tested, top-shelf delta 9 products from a trusted brand, in order to ensure only absolute bliss.